Your Labour Candidate for Parliament
on Thursday 8th June 2017
This June our country faces a choice. I know some of you will have voted Leave, and it is our duty to deliver that verdict but not at any cost. No one voted for their livelihoods to be endangered, or for the cost of living to rise, or for a hefty Brexit "divorce" bill. The Conservatives are determined to deliver Brexit to the detriment of the country.
But, it's about so much more than Brexit.
The choice this June is clear:
Between May's mandate for a hard Brexit, or a pragmatic negotiation with our European neighbours. Between cuts that hit you and your family, or a fair deal and a higher minimum wage. Between rising class sizes and cash-strapped schools, or a fully funded education sector. Between a regressive ruthless Conservative government, or a progressive Labour government.
Labour promises to:
- Bring private rail companies back into public ownership as their franchises expire.
- Restore the Education Maintenance Allowance for 16 to 18-year-olds from lower and middle income backgrounds.
- Raise the Minimum Wage to the level of the Living Wage (expected to be at least £10 per hour by 2020) – for all workers aged 18 or over, so that work pays.
- Guarantee the state pension ‘triple lock’ throughout the next Parliament.
- Scrap the NHS pay cap, put pay decisions back into the hands of the independent pay review body and give our NHS workers the pay they deserve.
Don't give the Tories a blank cheque this election - vote Labour on 8th June - there is still time to register for a postal vote! You can do so before 23rd May by visiting www.yourvotematters.co.uk and clicking on "vote by post". Do it now! If you don’t have access to the internet you can phone Hertsmere Borough Council 020 8207 2277 and ask for a form.
Best wishes, Fiona
You can contact Fiona at email@example.com or 07564 634 261
Learn the detail about what Labour will do for your country, visit –